Drop Spindle Kit
15 in stock
Our new Drop Spindle kit is lovingly put together for the beginner and accomplished spinner. These kits are ideal if you are new to spinning and provide an opportunity to learn to draft & twist without having to treddle too!
it is thought that the drop spindle was used 9,000 years ahead of the invention of the spinning wheel. The womenfolk used to carry their spindles everywhere, filling time spinning yarns to create clothing & textiles.
The kit contains:
- A Drop Spindle – each hand turned locally from recycled timber & varnished
- Printed instruction sheet
- 30g washed & carded alpaca fibre (various colours) from our own herd
- All in a draw-string bag for your convenience which will protect your spinning between times.
- An eco-friendly & ethical kit
These Drop Spindles make a lovely gift for young and old alike with a love of craft and are ideal for those who may like to continue on to learn to wheel-spin. Drop spindles teach you to draft and twist your medium while producing a yarn that can be plyed afterwards if required and then used for your own projects. Additional fibre is also available – please ask at the time of purchase to save paying postage twice.
The colour of fibre supplied may vary from picture.
The Drop Spindles are all made by hand from reclaimed timber & thus may vary in colour from the picture.